Jam Air will make sure all of your baggage arrives at your destination in as good a condition as it has been received.
What are your baggage allowances?
Jam Air will try to accommodate your baggage. Our aircraft do not have any overhead baggage compartments.
Any baggage that cannot be carried on our aircraft will be accommodated on the next available flight or sent by road if prior arrangements are made (for charter flights only).
Carry-on bags are in accordance with the Jam Air carry-on baggage policies.
What are you allowed to carry in your carry-on baggage?
The following items CANNOT be carried in your hand baggage (carry-on baggage):
- Toy or replica guns (plastic or metal)
- Household cutlery
- Knives with blades (of any length)
- Paper knives
- Razor blades
- Tradesmen’s tools
- Knitting needles
- Sporting bats
- Billiard‚ snooker‚ pool cues
- Hypodermic syringes
If you have a reason that requires the need to carry syringes during a flight this may be permitted if medical evidence is produced. For example‚ a doctor’s letter when you check in or at security screening. This document should be kept with you at all times.
Other dangerous articles that cannot be carried
For safety reasons‚ dangerous articles such as those listed below (list includes but is not limited to) must not be carried in your hand (carry-on) or checked baggage:
- Cigarette lighters/matches (not permitted in hold baggage to any destination)
- Compressed gases – deeply refrigerated‚ flammable‚ non-flammable and poisonous such as butane‚ oxygen‚ liquid nitrogen‚ aqualung cylinders
- Corrosives such as acids‚ alkalis‚ mercury and wet cell batteries
- Explosives – Fireworks‚ flares‚ sparklers or other explosives
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter fuel‚ paints‚ thinner and firelighters
- Radioactive materials
- Briefcases and attached cases with installed alarm devices
- Oxidizing material such as bleaching powder‚ peroxides
- Weapons such as disabling sprays e.g. tear gas‚ mace‚ pepper spray
- Firearms and a limited quantity of ammunition may be carried subject to proper packaging but you must contact us in advance
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides‚ weed killers and live virus materials
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized material‚ offensive or irritating materials
Many of these listed articles may be carried as Air Cargo‚ provided they are in accordance with Air Cargo regulations.
Where are your delayed bags?
- Sometimes‚ we are simply unable to deliver all bags to our passengers on the same flight. If your bags are delayed it’s important you speak to our airport staff before you leave the airport.
- In the case that bags have been delayed we will schedule that bag for delivery on the next available flight.
- In some cases passengers may choose bags or sporting equipment moved by ground‚ we can arrange for these transfers at the airport.
Making a baggage claim?
- Once your baggage has been determined to be missing you must fill out a Baggage Claim Form which can be requested at any of our airport offices
- If your bag hasn’t been found after 21 days‚ we consider the bag to be ‘irretrievably lost’ and our Baggage Claims/Customer Service Department will process your claim.
- If your bag or its contents have been significantly damaged while in our care and the damage has been reported to our customer service agents at the airport‚ they will assess the damage and assist you our valued customer by processing the claim as soon as possible.
- In the event settlement cannot be reached a claim must be made directly to our Head Office in Montego Bay.
- Baggage claims can only be accepted in writing. A baggage claim form is available from any of our offices. This form must be filled out‚ completed in full and returned to our Customer Service Department at the addresses listed.
Due to the limits of liability‚ we strongly recommend that Passengers take out their own insurance‚ or declare the value of their property as ‘excess value’. We will not accept liability for a declaration above US $1‚000.
All baggage claims must be substantiated by documented proof of purchase‚ including the date and purchase price. Depreciation will be deducted at our discretion.
We regret that we cannot accept liability for:
- Valuable/fragile items (including but not limited to money‚ jewelry‚ precious metals‚ computer‚ personal electronic devices)
- Important/valuable documentation (including but not limited to business documents‚ passports‚ negotiable papers‚ securities‚ deeds)
- Security items
- Medicines or medical equipment
- House or car keys
- Damage and/or loss of articles contained in baggage deemed to be overpacked or unsuitably packed and/or protected‚ already damaged and those not suitable as checked baggage i.e. carrier bags/paper boxes
We love pets! And we are happy to have them with us on your next journey.
- For dogs or pets less than 15 pounds in a special bag or container‚ can be carried $30 USD.
- Dogs more than 15 pounds and up to 40 pounds must be in a secured and locked container and will be transported in the luggage compartment. Charge is $45. USD
- Pets more than 40 pounds‚ charge is $55 USD and the dog must be in a special locked container in the luggage compartment.